One Million More
As part of our commitment to help one million low-income students attain college degrees by 2025, College For Every Student (CFES) is launching a nationwide search for additional rural and urban schools to participate in our high-impact college & career readiness program for three years, starting in the 2017-18 academic year.
CFES will select one rural school and one urban school to receive a full program grant (valued at $90,000) for three years. Additional schools will be selected to receive a partial program grant covering half of the program costs ($15,000 per year for three years); schools in this category will be asked to find matching support from other sources.
The application for the "One Million More" program grant is now closed.
Eighty-five schools in twenty states applied to be considered for CFES partnership through our One Million More program grants.
Schools will be accepted according to the following timeline:
May 1: All applicants will be notified of decisions
May 8: Schools selected to receive full and 50% funding must confirm their commitment to participate in CFES for the 2017-18 school year. Should a school not accept an award, we will select the next qualified school on our wait list.
Schools awarded this program grant will receive the following partnership benefits from College For Every Student:
Support for Students
- Mentor Training Workshops
- Student Leadership Development Seminars
- Essential Skill Building
- College Knowledge & Financial Aid Workshops
- Career Exploration & Readiness Activities
Support for Educators
- Regional Planning/Training Workshop
- National Professional Development Conference
- College & Business Partnership Building
- Strategic Planning with CFES Professionals
- Professional Development Opportunities
- $3000 paid directly to the school to be used for CFES activities (ex: transportation to college campuses, food for mentor gatherings, t-shirts for students, etc.)
- 200 college/university partners, providing opportunities to interact with college admissions and financial aid counselors, students, staff, and faculty
- Opportunity to become a nationally recognized CFES School of Distinction
- Over 300 curricular materials to promote mentoring, leadership and college/career pathways
- Brilliant Career Lab website, a digital tool to support students in career exploration and Essential Skill building
- Advance College & Career Readiness Newsletter for Students (monthly)
- CFES Live Chats with guest presenters (monthly)
- CFES promotional materials, including banners and posters
- Central office & communications support, including publication of your success stories in local and national media, on the CFES website, and through social media
How the One Million More Grant Works
- This is a program award, not a cash award.
- Reflecting our commitment to both rural and urban communities, CFES will select two schools to receive a full award (one rural and one urban).
- Selected schools will get three years of College For Every Student programming.
- Additional schools –in both rural and urban communities - will be selected to receive a partial award covering half of the program costs (i.e., $15,000 a year for three years); Schools in this category will be asked to find matching support from other sources.
Expectations of CFES Schools
- Develop a CFES school-based team composed of teachers, faculty and staff, students, parents, and/or community members.
- Appoint a CFES Liaison who serves as the point of contact with the CFES central office and your CFES program director.
- Track and evaluate program impact for a subset of students, known as CFES Scholars.
- Provide CFES professionals access to your CFES Scholars
- Complete CFES Plan, Mid-Year and End-of-Year Assessments.
- Brand College For Every Student within your school/community.
- Engage your students in the three core practices: Mentoring, Leadership Through Service, and Pathways to College & Career.